Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Fudgesicles

I bought a $2 popsicle mold from Superstore a couple weeks ago, and decided to put it to use. I searched the net for some good popsicle recipes and found one for fudgesicles on Food.com that I decided to try out.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
2tbsp corn starch (I used potato starch since thats what I had)
2tbsp cocoa
2/12 cups milk
1tsp vanilla
1tbsp butter




Directions

On medium heat combine sugar, potato starch, cocoa, and milk.  Keep stirring till the cocoa is dissolved, and the mixture is slightly thick. Remove pot from heat, and add vanilla & butter, and stir till combined.


I poured the mixture from the pot to a measuring cup, so it would be easier to pour into the molds. There was about 2 3/4 cups of liquid which filled my mold with just a tiny bit of extra. Place them in the freezer  overnight. To remove them from the molds, I run it under hot water, to melt the outer edge just enough to pull one out.



More strawberries! Seems to be about 3 every time.

Till Next Time,
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...